Monday, December 04, 2006

Jingle Bells, The Politically Correct Song?

By Karl Nichols

Just in case you were in Siberia and missed the fight over how to express Christmas musically and verbally this year. I would like to point out that the song Jingle Bells is the safest Holiday song. Personally, I could care less that Wall-Mart or Target don't feel comfortable saying Merry Christmas either to their customers or on their websites and yes I know that the public has forced them to say Merry Christmas, at least in Wal-Mat's case, so don't email me!

Personally my favorite is the Jingel Bells rendition that OverStock.com is using for the second year in a row, it is flat out sexy!

But be that as it may, we are a county in turmoil over hurting anyone's feelings, so let me be the first to wish you Happy New Year, thereby circumnavigating the "What to Say For The Hoiliday" thingie. That is untill we find out that the Chinese New Year doesn't coincide either by date or by year with our version.

Holiday Regards,

Karl Nichols

No comments: