Friday, November 09, 2007

Irritation is a driving force!

After years of mistyping, I have come up with a set of alterations to my computer keyboard that makes life easier. No more typing all caps because my left pinkie accidentally hit the Cap Lock key when I reached for the shift key. And when playing the odd computer game I had difficulty accidentally hitting the Alt key and screwing up the game!

Now don't get any ideas, these changes are mine and I may at some time in the near future, copyright them. So lay off, just use the information to make your life easier as I did and Be Happy!

1. The first key to remove is the hated Caps Lock key. Throw that sucker in the trash, you will never miss it or need it again!

2. Next remove "ALL" Windows keys, these are definitely a ploy by Microsoft to control your choice of operating systems.

3. If you are a gamer, next you should remove the Alt key to the left of the Space bar.

4. Next is a personal choice, remove the right Shift key, it causes nothing but trouble for the amateur typist.

5. Next, and this one is a real pain, remove the Insert key. Control "V" is the proper way us real computer folks do an "Insert" anyway.

6. This is a personal choice also, remove the "Scroll Lock" key, it is the most worthless key on the board and removing it is a statement to the idiots who invented the keyboard.

7. I haven't removed these keys, but you can if you want to, all of the number keys on the right hand side of the keyboard. When was the last time you used them?

8. These are optional also, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F10, F12. I personally have never used or known anyone who has used these keys.

There are probably others if I would have the time to think about it, and I am open to suggestions. Email Me Any Suggestions or comments

Copyright 2005 Nick Cash

No comments: